JUNE 20-27, 2017
Based on her original character “Pinocchio and Bird in Paris” Kate Church has designed this intimate week long workshop to keep you enchanted while you enjoy a magical stay at the lovely La Cascade Retreat in Durfort, Southern France.
Located one hour from Toulouse by car, this little village dates back to the 17th century. With all the charm and beauty of the area, it promises to be a wonderful week of art, flea market visits, hikes in the surrounding hills and delicious food.
Visit the website for La Cascade and see images and information about this very special place . . . http://www.la-cascade
There will be daily class time where you will learn to make a bird inspired pull toy. The toys will be embellished with memory objects you bring or find in the markets we visit over the course of the week. The workshop welcomes a maximum of eight students which allows for individual attention and time for daily excursions.
The design and construction methods you learn will be a basic foundation for continuing on with your own ideas.
Kate will use her guided process with you to create a dream character to accompany your bird, completing the artistic part of your time at La Cascade.
A significant part will be the sharing of ideas and creating personal pieces that hold memories of this time; feeding the juice of creating and the magic of relating.
The light filled studio will be open for you to go as deeply as you wish into your creative time during your stay.
Some of the highlights of the week include:
- the 400-year-old Market in Revel…named one of the 100 prettiest in all of France;
- the Sunday Flea markets for amazing delights and gatherings;
- a delicious culinary experience with our personal Chef, Nese;
- visits to nearby villages and landmarks;
- shopping, French food and culture.
WHEN : June 20-27, 2017
WHERE : La Cascade, a home/artist retreat in Durfort France.
COST : $ 2100.USD
- seven nights lodging at La Cascade, double occupancy (rooms have two twin beds);
- daily afternoon field trips or free time to relax, explore and create;
- all breakfasts, and most lunches and dinners … fresh, healthy meals are prepared each day by chef Nese;
- workshop instruction and most supplies;
- open studio to work as much you wish;
- an unforgettable creative journey and adventure.
Not included in the price:
- travel Insurance (required);
- car rental.
A $500 deposit reserves your space. Contact Kate at email@example.com for additional information and registration details. Early payment discount available.